Click the start here button and fill out the form accurately and with as much detail as possible.
Respond to your custom engineer’s questions as accurately and completely as possible.
Once you have confirmation that your engineer has entered board dimensions and you are satisfied, place an order on the web site!
The Get Started Form is the way to get help with sizing or choosing a snowboard model. The form will ask questions so we can get the information needed to guide you to the right snowboard and size. Once your form has been submitted please be patient, it could take up to three business days to respond, we receive a lot of emails on a daily bases. Should you call about a snowboard and we are not available please leave a message and we will return your call.
The typical lead time on a new order is approximately 10-15 business days once the order has been finalized and paid for. You will know if your build has started with our progress emails that start once the order has been properly placed.
Yes! We do custom topsheet (top of the snowboard) and base graphics and can create your dream ride in both construction and appearance. Please see the Custom Graphics Page for pricing for having us design your graphics. If you are experienced in Adobe Illustrator or similar programs it is more affordable to create and size the graphics yourself. Please follow the guidelines and use the templates provided on this page Custom Graphics Guidance.
Yes, there are fees associated with changes to the orders and refunds please see below. These can also be seen on our Terms and Conditions page
All Credit card refunds will be charged a 5% refund fee.
All shipping costs are the responsibility of the customer. Refunds on returned orders will be minus the cost of shipping.
Custom Orders are final and can not be returned unless Donek failed to produce the board to the dimensions agreed upon.
Customers changing a custom snowboard order after the board has gone to production will be charged a $200 fee.
All Donek products carry a full two-year warranty against defects in workmanship and materials. This warranty does not cover:
- Any intentional or unintentional damage caused by the rider’s carelessness, abuse, misuse, or neglect.
- Impact damage such as from rocks, stumps, rails, etc.
- Any damage caused by, related to, or resulting from modifications made after purchase and not authorized by DONEK.
- Scratches, chips, and/or indentations in the topsheet.
- Graphic fading, discoloration, or other aesthetic blemishes that do not impair performance.
- Minor base irregularities, including base dimples in binding insert area.
- Damage caused by improper mounting or adjustment of bindings.
- Damages caused by using improper length of binding mounting screws.
- Improper rider-board match (i.e. too much weight on a too short board).
- Spinning or stripped inserts caused by improper mounting of binding hardware.
- Damages incurred in shipping.
- Damage caused from chairlift breakage.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives or LOC-TITE®.
The best way is to go to your local boot fitter or ski shop and ask them to measure your Mondo Point size.Because all of our Deeluxe boots come with comfy moldable liners, you do not need a half size.As an example, a size 27 boot will fit a 27.0 to 27.9 mondo point foot.
You will need to return to that boot fitter to get those liners molded.
When you get your new boots, they will most likely feel too small.Please do not ship them back for a bigger size.They will almost always feel like they are 1 size too small until the liners have been molded.
We do not use any extruded base material at Donek.All of our boards come with a Sintered base.
If you are purchasing a board intended for recreational use, your board will come with a Durasurf 4001 base.If you are purchasing a race board or a competitive board intended to produce speed, the board will come with the fastest micrograin graphite base available.
Our boards come with a medium cross stone structure that has been on the podium at junior worlds and more often than we can count in USASA competitions.We can safely say that it is the fastest structure available from any manufacturer.
The edges come precision ground to 1 deg on the base and 2 deg on the side.We do not do any detuning or waxing unless you purchase the ready to ride addon with your board.
We have global shipping capabilities.If you are in Russia, you will need to order from our Russian dealer.If you are in Korea, you will need to order from our Korean Dealer.Below you will find the cost to ship a snowboard to a number of countries.If yours is not listed, e-mail us your complete delivery address and we can get one entered for you.
Australia $85.00 Austria $85.00 Belgium $85.00 bulgaria $175.00 Canada $80.00 Chile $120.00 Croatia $165.00 Cyprus $100.00 Czech Republic $250.00 Denmark $120.00 Finland $85.00 France $85.00 Germany $85.00 Gibraltar $225.00 Greece $85.00 India $115.00 Israel $105.00 Italy $85.00 Japan $190.00 Kazakhstan $145.00 Luxembourg $130.00 Mexico $90.00 Netherlands $85.00 New Zealand $40.00 Norway $85.00 Panama $170.00 Poland $150.00 Serbia $150.00 Singapore $80.00 Slovakia $155.00 Slovenia $170.00 Spain $85.00 Sweden $85.00 Switzerland $85.00 Taiwan $125.00 Taiwan $126.00 thailand $85.00 Turkey $110.00 Ukraine $135.00 united arab emirates $85.00 United Kingdon $85.00 United States $40.00
We are so confident you’ll like your Donek that we offer a full 30 day money back guarantee, shipping and handling not included. If you purchase a stock Donek snowboard or ski product and are unhappy with it in any way (other than that you damaged it) you can return it within 30 days of the purchase. When we receive the board we will refund the purchase price of the board, minus shipping and handling. Note: due to the nature of custom orders, we cannot extend the money back guarantee to custom board orders. This includes custom graphics and custom shapes.
People often ask where the name Donek came from. When we began making boards in 1987, a friend was breeding Donek Yugoslavian acrobatic pigeons. These birds dive doing an axial roll and fly faster than a peregrine falcon. Their speed, flight, and freestyle nature made the name Donek an obvious choice.
I started Donek Snowboards while still in high school. I even wrote a business plan as a social studies project that described manufacturing and selling snowboards directly to the end user. I built the first boards in my parent’s basement.
Things progressed from there as I became more skilled I played with increasingly complex constructions and shapes. While studying mechanical engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder, I was always heading home to work in mom and dad’s basement and experiment with new ideas and constructions based on my studies. I played with building skateboards for a couple years and even sold them through some local shops.
Upon Graduating college in 1993 with a BS in Mechanical Engineering and multiple graduate level courses in composites, design, and mathematical modeling, I went to work for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. I continued building boards and started looking for a job with another manufacturer. Frustration with the old boys club mentality in the rest of the industry led me to finally incorporating Donek Snowboards and pursuing my first production projects in 1995.
Working in an oversized one car garage, I began building boards and offering them online. Sales were slow, so I produced a big run of boards for a Rockford Fosgate promotion. I also took on production of some monoskis.
In 1997, Jenifer and I got married and we bought our first house in Aurora, CO. One of the primary concerns was shop space. We got a place with a 2 car garage and a 500 square foot unfinished basement. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven with all that space to build boards.
By 2000 I felt I was ready to go it on my own and I stopped producing monoskis as a means of filling in the financial gaps. Things went well and Jenifer and I had begun getting restless in what appeared to be a rapidly shrinking shop space. We decided it was time to move the business into a bigger space, but commercial space was simply too expensive.
Having grown up on a farm in eastern Colorado, Jenifer wanted to return to a small town life. I had never really fallen in love with the city, so in 2001 we found some land east of Denver that was pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The property had a house and a very poorly built barn. Over the course of the first summer I pretty much tore down the barn and put it back up properly, adding a concrete floor and electricity. We put all our finishing and core production in the barn and left the pressing and cnc equipment in the basement of the house. Between the two spaces, we had graduated to slightly more than 3000 square feet of space.
In late September of 2002 there was a fire in the barn, which completely destroyed the building and all the equipment. Knocked down, but not out, I converted a structure that had been used as a car port into a temporary shop and future garage, to fill our core production and finishing needs for the 2002/2003 season. With the help of some really good neighbors and friends from the bagpipe band I played in, we set up this new space and had things back on track in less than 6 weeks. We saw our first Olympic athlete make the team in 2002, but sadly never saw him race on TV.
In the summer of 2003, we began construction on a new 5000 square foot building. We moved all the equipment into this building in the fall. It has been the home for our production ever since.
We were sponsoring 4 athletes on the US national team by the 2006 Olympics. We invested a lot of money in developing some new ideas in board construction the season before. One of the results of this research is what we call our Olympic construction. This large investment and a rather lack luster result caused us to re-examining our sponsorship programs for athletes and led us to an arrangement with coach Sean McCarran at Copper mountain. Sadly Sean (a Brittish citizen) has not been able to return to the US for the last couple season and is now working in Canada. We continue to work with him developing FS and FR boards through the program he runs there.
As of the end of the 2008/2009 season we have invested a great deal of time and effort in perfecting our metal board shapes and construction. We feel that these new shapes will bring the US athletes back to US manufactured race board.
We have recently undertaken a project with a group of senior engineering students at the University of Colorado at Boulder. This projects aims are to find ways to make our operation more environmentally friendly. We will continue to provide updates on this matter and others through our facebook and twitter updates.
Yes, of course! If you want that special pair of skis or a mono-ski, we have a lot of experience building those too, just give us a call to start the collaboration.
- Offer is available only on new snowboard orders exceeding $500USD for shipping to Australia and New Zealand. Promotion will expire August 31, 2020.
- Any import duties, taxes or brokerage fees due at the time of delivery are the sole responsibility of the receiving customer. Packing slips for International Shipments cannot be marked as a “gift” or show altered prices.
- We do our best to estimate delivery dates for your purchase. Standard transit time for shipping is five to ten business days, all orders ship within ten business days from payment or design confirmation.
- All other Donek terms and conditions apply, see Terms and Conditions / Shipping and Returns on Donek.com or on checkout for complete details.
- Offer cannot be combined with other offers or applied to gift cards.
- Offer is not redeemable for cash.
- Shipping changes including intercepts, address change, and will call pick-up may be subject to a $25 Service fee per shipment.
- Donek Snowboards reserves the right to vary or discontinue The offer at any time.
- The description and price of the items will be as shown on Donek.com at the time you place your order. Every effort will be made to ensure that prices shown on the website are accurate at the time of purchase. If an error is discovered prior to dispatch of your order, Donek Snowboards will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or canceling your order.
- All items are subject to availability. If on receipt of your order, the item is out of edition/stock; Donek will inform you and refund or re-credit you for any sum that has been paid by you for the unavailable item.
- Donek Snowboards is not liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through any unavoidable delay.
- Donek Snowboards is not liable for any damage that might occur to an order after a delivery has been made.
- All delivery times quoted on Donek.com and your order confirmation email are estimates based on availability, normal processing and delivery times.
- Once an order is considered delivered, responsibility for the edition, risk of damage or loss will pass to you and you shall be responsible for insuring the work.
- By placing your order on www.Donek.com, you are accepting these terms and conditions. If you have any queries on these terms please contact us before ordering.
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time including any changes to the conduct of our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our site’s capabilities.
- Donek Snowboards reserves the right to cancel the order if purchase behavior by the customer is seen to be suspicious or potentially fraudulent.
- You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions of sale in force at the time that you placed your order, unless any change to those policies or these terms is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you).
Your privacy is important to us and we know that you care about how information about your order is used and shared. Donek Snowboards does not disclose buyer’s information to third parties. Please see our privacy statement for further details.