Who would have ever thought that this season would end so abruptly? Even just a week ago our Donek build team was getting ready for our biggest event of the season. But we are sad to say it is not going to happen. The COVID 19 situation has left us with no choice.
With the announcement of USASA Nationals being canceled and we predict that the mountain will be closing too Donek is sad to say that we will not be able to hold our demo days. This also means that our Donek Days Carving Clinics will be canceled as well.
We believe this is the best way to keep all our riders and clients safe, healthy, and ready to ride another day. We support the mountain and the USASA and their choices to close.
It is very heartbreaking that this virus has taken away opportunities for our riders and the public to get on a Donek. The Donek tent at Copper mountain during nationals is a hub for our athletes and for those wanting to test our high-quality snowboards. It is also one of the only public alpine snowboard demos out there where everyone has a chance to get on a hard boot setup. We love those two weeks and are sad they will not happen.
But this does not shut down our operations and anyone who is interested in learning about how to get a custom ride, our engineer is still available to help with any inquires. Getting on a Donek is a bonus, but since our engineer has decades of experience in fitting snowboards, we are confident that we can get you set up on something special.
Want to make it one of a kind? Have a look at our last blog that talked about custom graphics.
If you know what you want and are keen to get started click here.